Breast Cancer Expert Forum
treatment for hypersensitive nerve damage

Questions posted in the Breast Cancer Forum are answered by medical professionals and experts. Topics include Breast Biopsy, Chemotherapy, Hormone Therapy, Lumps, Lumpectomy, Lymph node dissection, Lymphedema, Mammograms, Mastectomy, Radiation Therapy, Reconstruction, Self Breast Exam, and Surgery.

Is there any effective known treatment for hypersensitive nerve damage in affected arm following a modified radical masectomy?  Masectomy was done in Aug. of 2001 and I completed Chemo in Jan. of this year.  I am now on Tamoxifen.
Dear Fisho,  Treatment of nerve damage following a mastectomy would involve a complete assessment of the problem before recommendations for treatment could be made.  It may be a complex siuation that involves the coordinated efforts of a neurologist, as well as physical therapist.