Breast Cancer Expert Forum
white bumps

Questions posted in the Breast Cancer Forum are answered by medical professionals and experts. Topics include Breast Biopsy, Chemotherapy, Hormone Therapy, Lumps, Lumpectomy, Lymph node dissection, Lymphedema, Mammograms, Mastectomy, Radiation Therapy, Reconstruction, Self Breast Exam, and Surgery.

white bumps

I am 32 years old. My youngest child is now 7. My family is the worst case of cancer . I have white bumps on both of my nipples and i found a lump on the left brest, and they are very sensitive. I also have flaking skin on both nipples. And i have noticed thickning on my left brest. I had a mammo and they said that they didnt see anything but thay couldnt say that they didnt. And this was in bold and highlited in the letter they sent me. When i had the test  they said that my brests where to dense. So Im not sure about what i should do. Should I go get a second opinion?   Thank You.
Dear nikki121:  White bumps on the nipples are likely sebaceous glands (which produce whitish oil that can be squeezed).  Skin on the breast is like skin on any part of the body and is subject to a variety of abnormalities.  Flaking on both nipples is more likely to be related to skin abnormality that a breast cancer.  Dense breast tissue makes interpreting mammography very difficult.  If you are concerned about a lump and do not feel comfortable with the explanation from your doctor, you may want to seek a second opinion.  You may want to locate a medical breast specialist.  These are often affiliated with large academic teaching hospitals.
1 Comment
A related discussion, White Bump was started.