Cardiovascular Disease Prevention Expert Forum
atrial run
About This Forum:

Questions in the Cardiovascular Disease Prevention forum are answered by Dr. Lee Kirksey, associate professor at The University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

atrial run

Hello, my doctor did not clearly define exactly what normal sinus rhythm with atrial run is and could you please clarify this for me. My heart rate during the atrial run was 180.  I was wearing a heart monitor.
I am 30, physically active, have a history of asthma, anticardiolipin antibodies (IgM and IgG).  I have had a normal echo with a finding of a Chiari Network. I have had documented PSVT along with about 500 PVCs in a day.
What exactly is normal sinus rhythm with atrial run?
Should I be concerned since I have anticardiolipin antibodies and having such a fast heart rate?
Thank you!
Related Discussions
469720_tn?1388149949
Hello
Im not sure if "atrial run" is a medical term but from what your saying, I suspect that what he was referring to is multiple PACs. As you no doubt know, PACs can be be a normal variant in most people. Mnay PVCs can be normal as well when they are single. Complexes of PVCs can be more concerning. Given your combination of these pathologies, I would make an appointment with your cardiologist to review your rhythm and explain the particular causes in your case.

Anticardiolipin antby predisposes people to develop arterial and venous blood clots. I suspect that you are at some statistically elevated risk of a blood count compared to someone who does not have anticardiolipin however, I do not think that your described PACs should be problematic

Good Luck
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
This Forum's Experts
469720_tn?1388149949
Lee Kirksey, MDBlank
The Cleveland Clinic Foundation
cleveland, OH
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker