Chemotherapy Expert Forum
Is Peg-Intron treatment for Hep C considered ....
About This Forum:

Welcome to the International Chemotherapy forum. Questions related to lung cancer will be answered by a medical doctor.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Is Peg-Intron treatment for Hep C considered ....

Hi

I went through 8 months of Peg-Intron treatment for hepatitis C. I did achieve a SVR, but I am still having many medical and neurological problems. My treatment was during this time, 2002-2003.

I now have short term memory loss and brain fog. My coordination and balance are affected. My eyesite is very bad also. My insomnia has became severe and difficult to treat. I also have depressive/anxiety disorder and now ADHD. I now have mild generalized edema and my doctors don't know why. I have become agoraphic and have panic attacks. I can't find the correct word and my spelling is awful. I leave words out or I put them into my writing
twice. I was NOT like that before beginning the Peg-Intron tx.

During the last month of treatment, I could tell my cognitive skills were declining rapidly. I stopped the treatment at 8 months. I am a 55 year old married woman.

One doctor told me it was chemotherapy and then said it wasn't.

Are the symptoms that I have consistent with  "chemo brain"?

Thanks