Chiari Malformation Community
Is there a dr. in the house?!?!?!

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Chiari Malformation and Living with Chiari Malformation.

Is there a dr. in the house?!?!?!

Is there a dr in the P.A Area That treats Chiari Malformation,I live in Northampaton county.I need a dr that knows what he is doing,I had a seizer a year ago & never again that I knew of intil 1/9/09but this time I had so many back to back the night seemed like a dream.the closest hospital I was taking to,had no idea what Chiari Malformation is
And If It Can cause seizers,b4 I go to another dr with the newest list of problems is Chiari Causeing seizers or is there something else going wrong with me now.

Please Help,Eileen79
Hi....I am in Lehigh County...pretty close.

It is possible to have seizures related to the chiari...it depends on the nerves affected by the herniation and CSF blockage.

The best place for u to go is TCI in NY.....I went to Philly nad Lehigh Valley Hosp.....the NS r not chiari specialists and that is what u need! Alot of us do need to travel to get the right dr.

There r orgs out there to help with travel....I've added links...to our health pages.If u read the welcome thread at the top of the forum....u will find the link. there is also a button on the top right hand of the screen.

The only dr in PA is out in Pittsburg....Dr Bejjani....5 hrs from here....the chiari insitute in NY is 2 hrs.

I hope u continue to post here....members r well informed and offer support!!

Welcome!
: )
"selma"