Chiari Malformation Community
after surgery expectations

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Chiari Malformation and Living with Chiari Malformation.

after surgery expectations

Hello friends, thank you all for ur support. My little girl is hanging in there. She has a headache but not like before the surgery. Still noise sensitivity. If someone that has had the decompression done before could you tell me what my daughter should be expecting in the next days to come. The doctor wants her to move her head side to side and to get out of bed at least twice a day. I'm scared of her doing to much to soon. Any advice will be greatly appreciated. God bless.  
HI,

I can not comment on the decompression surgery specifically because I have not had it but I just had another type of surgery in my spine. I know for all surgeries the one thing dr.s like is for you to get up and walk as soon as possible. They are concerned about blood clots when patients stay in bed too long.

Shane and others have had the surgery and they can comment further on the moving of the head. Selma just had surgery and she was sitting in a chair and moving her head the day after surgery so I am sure it is the norm.

I hope each day she is feeling better. Please keep us updated on her progress.

Dawn
NateFrost commented on photo
Jul 30
sky1414 commented on Do You Sleep Like A R...
Jul 29
Michelle_Mimi commented on An Insider’s Guide to...
Jul 28