Chronic Bronchitis causes: Chlorine allergy/Staph areus?
Hi all.
I'm 18 years old and have had chronic bronchitis for 6 years. It started while on a family vacation to Disneyland after going swimming in a pool there, and I was sick for almost 4 months. As I got older the incidences became more frequent, and although I saw a doctor, the abuterol inhalers they prescribed did nothing. Finally I discovered Advair which seems to work the best, especially if I catch it at the first signs of illness.
When I was 15 I took a microbiology class in which we did cultures for Staphylococcus areus and discovered that I am a carrier. I didn't bother getting rid of it because I didn't think it had ever bothered me. I thought that I had an allergy to chlorine because I'd get sick most often after I had gone swimming in a public pool (though rivers and the ocean never bothered me).

Has anyone heard of staph, chlorine or a combination of the two triggering chronic bronchitis?