Copd Respiratory Problems Cat Dander?
I have had severe emphysema fpr about 12 years. My daughter moved into my home about 1.5 years ago with 2 cats. I noticed about 6 months after she moved in that my breathing seemed worse. I am constantly coughing up thick mucus even though I'm not sick. Sometimes I feel as though I can't breath due to the mucus in my airways. I feel like I am drowning. Can this be caused from cat dander. I felt pretty good and didn't have such a hard time prior to the animals. Do you think I'm just getting worse because my copd is getting progressively worse.
To help with the mucus you want to take 500 mg of vitamin B5 daily. It is an anti-inflammatory and a mucus thinner. Unlike prescription stuff, there are no side effects. As for the cats, pick one up and hold it close. If you get an asthma attack you have your answer. Keep the Benadryl and your inhaler handy.