Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disorder Community
copd e-coli in lungs
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disorder.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

copd e-coli in lungs

i have e-coli in lungs about i year 4 months been on all kinds of antibotes it just keeps coming back off antibotes right now doc.has me nebulizing 7%sodium choride 2 times a day cleans me out but will it help get rid of infection doctor thinks im getting something in my lungs had swallow tests but they were negative any ideals....
351246_tn?1379685732
Hi!
If you have recurrent E coli infection of the lung, you must rule out diabetes and other metabolic disorders, E coli UTI, chronic alchoholism (alcoholism) and COPD/asthma as the cause of recurrent lung infection. Usually patients have any one of these underlying conditions and treating the condition helps treat the infection.
Treatment is by antibiotics which need to be prescribed along with the treatment of underlying disease. If you also have E coli UTI then a urine sensitivity test can help identify which antibiotic will work best. Please discuss with your doctor. Take care!

The medical advice given should not be considered a substitute for medical care provided by a doctor who can examine you. The advice may not be completely correct for you as the doctor cannot examine you and does not know your complete medical history. Hence this reply to your post should only be considered as a guiding line and you must consult your doctor at the earliest for your medical problem.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disorder Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
Emotional Eating Control: How to St...