Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disorder Community
plumonary emblomism

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disorder.

plumonary emblomism

my husband is in the hospital as I post this question, on this past sunday I rush him to the hospital
he had chest pain and coughing the ct shown right lungs  and the left lungs there is lot of blod clots
then they did adoopler on his legs now they are saying his left leg has a bc, he's on heprain and coumdain
I need some answers they are treating him very well but it is scary,
                                                                                                THANKS SHEILA  
Hi Sheila!
I know it is really scary. Usually most patients who develop blood clots (as embolisms—or clots which came from elsewhere) in lung, brain or heart have blood clots in deep veins of the legs. These clots break and travel to distant organs. Usually patient is kept on blood thinners for life. The dose needs constant monitoring through INR or PT test. The patient has to take care to avoid injury as any injury can cause severe bruising due to blood thinners. You can jot down a list of questions and ask your doctor when he comes for rounds or before discharge. Keep jotting questions as they come in your mind so that you do not miss anything when you are with the doctor. Wishing your husband a speedy recovery! Take care!

The medical advice given should not be considered a substitute for medical care provided by a doctor who can examine you. The advice may not be completely correct for you as the doctor cannot examine you and does not know your complete medical history. Hence this reply to your post should only be considered as a guiding line and you must consult your doctor at the earliest for your medical problem.