Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disorder Community
recovery

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disorder.

recovery

hi,i have copd and emphasema and was on the brink, i have quit smoking as of feb 16 2010 and at the time had one lung left and only had 47% capacity,i'm breathing a great deal easier now but my question is how much recovery can i expect ot of my lungs
HURRAY FOR YOU ON THE QUITTING OF SMOKES!!!!!

I too have COPD. In the moderate stage at time of diagnosis in Oct. 07. From my research, once the damage is done to a lung, it cannot be reversed. But, by not smoking, you have greatly slowed down the progression. And if your breathing has already improved, then that is a huge plus in your favor.

Wish I had a better answer for you. God bless you and I hope you continue to breathe easier, my friend.