Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disorder Community
respiratory disorders

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disorder.

respiratory disorders

when i was eighteen i was burned in a fire i told that i have scarring on  one of my lung. i have been test done an found out that i have chronic bronchitis is there a treatment for it. and can it turn in  to copd and ill i have to stop working because of it.
Work with your dr to find an effective treatment for you.  You should probably be on some sort of combo med like Advair, Symbicort or Dulera (very new).  You should probably also have a rescue med of albuterol, Combivent or Spiriva.  

I assume that you discovered varily early in the disease so that you will be able to control and slow down the pbrogress of the disease.  Unfortunately, chronic bronchitis is a form of COPD, but with propper treat ment and care it should be able ot be well managed for many years.  

Keep us posted on how things are going.  Take care.