Colitis Expert Forum
Bloating and short of breath

This forum is for questions and support regarding Colitis issues such as: Causes, Constipation, Diagnosis, Diarrhea, Drugs and OTC Medications, Fever, Living with Colitis, Loss of Appetite, Preventing Flare-ups, Research, Symptoms, Support, Surgery, Tests, Treatments, Types of Colitis

Bloating and short of breath

My father has AF and Irregular heart rhythm that was diagnosed 5 years ago, Dad has been on different types of mediation to control this problem but only recently he is finding it hard to walk a short distance as he finds it heart to breath. Eating is also a problem as he finds it also hard to breath.

Dad was admitted into ER for 12 days with a persistent fever which is now under control, but continued to have these breathing problems.

Dad under went numerous ultrasounds on his heart, liver, stomach, lungs, x-ray on his abdomen a full body scan.

Various and numerous blood tests to eliminate any nasty cancer signs. The blood cultures returned negative with no signs of infection in his body, but continued to have fevers.- This is no under control with not problems.

Dad is to have an MRI of his heart in the next few weeks.

My question would be to find out what an MRI would detect and what would doctors be looking at and is it treatable?

Does anyone have this problem?