Colitis Expert Forum
Right lower quadrant pain

This forum is for questions and support regarding Colitis issues such as: Causes, Constipation, Diagnosis, Diarrhea, Drugs and OTC Medications, Fever, Living with Colitis, Loss of Appetite, Preventing Flare-ups, Research, Symptoms, Support, Surgery, Tests, Treatments, Types of Colitis

Right lower quadrant pain
I have recurrent acute pain in my right lower side, it lasts for a few hours and a hardened lump area can be felt during my attacks. I had a colonoscopy that showed colitis which i have had for some time but very mild. could this intermittent pain attacks be related to something else? i had a cat scan in the er which showed thickening and a possible neoplasm, but the colonoscopy ruled out the neoplasm.
Was it a full length colonoscopy? ( was the doctor able to view till the caecum?)
Thickening could be either due to inflammation or malignancy. Biopsy of the thickened area should be done for evaluation.