Epilepsy Community
Epilepsy: How can you get rid of sensory seizures?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to epilepsy, safety, school issues, and transportation issues.

My friend has a sister who has epilepsy, she is about 17 or 18. I just want to discuss her condition and whats being done now about it and other possible things that can be done. Thank you in advance for taking the time to read this.

Anyway, she was diagnosed with Temporal Lobe Epilepsy. She has infrequent complex partial seizures and frequent sensory seizures such as auditory and visual hallucinations which went unnoticed for some time. She has been on and off medication. She is currently on medication. But I know even on this medication she still has been having these hallucinations. Whether or not she told the doctor of her hallucinations i'm not sure.

Is there a medication that will rid the sensory seizures?

I also want to know about Repetitive Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation (rTMS). I read over the long term that it has relieved sensory hallucinations in patients. what are your thoughts on this? Has it worked before on patients with hallucinations? How long does it take to work? and so on.
embee24 commented on Headache Note
May 24
caregiver222 uploaded new photos
May 20
Dalubaba commented on photo
May 11