Seizures caused by various activities and strobe-like lights
My wife, now 57, has for many years endured embarrasing, and sometimes scary, episodes of faintness and loss of motor control brought on by a multitude of triggers. She never blacks out or is dizzy, but loses the ability to speak or stand for a time until it passes after some minutes. Usually she becomes extremely thirsty, has right leg tremors, and sometimes needs to sleep to shake off the effects. Things that can bring on an event include: tight hugs; head turned for 10 seconds or more; flickering or strobe lights (riding a subway, watching lights and things streaming by, resulted in needing to be essentially carried off); pushing a heavy shopping cart; reaching out with something heavy in her hand; stopping suddenly after hurrying; bending down low to move or pick up something heavy. Physicians don't really know what to make of this - she was on anti-seizure medicine for a time, which appeared to make the episodes less frequent, but the neurologist took her off that, saying he thinks it is actually a psychiatric issue. I've witnesses enough of these events, under so many different circumstances, and am convinced there is a physical cause. I guess what I am looking for is anyone who has experienced similar ongoing episodes, to share how they have dealt with it.