is this good or not so good
so i was dignaiosed with a seizure disorder, and the doctor put me on topamax and all thought my seizures went down in number i am still having them. before meds for seizures i had 15 in one month, and now it went down to 10, so my question is , is this normal for when you start on seizure meds?
Hi there,
How long have you been talking topamax? After starting an antiepileptic seizures should gradually cease to occur. In your case your seizures have been decreased but not stopped. There can be many causes for this. Either the drug is not specific for your seizure type or the dose is not sufficient. Antiepileptic drugs are prescribed to eliminate, minimize and control seizures, while avoiding serious adverse drug reactions. Wherever possible epilepsy is controlled by a single drug. Discuss your problems with your neurologist. I sincerely hope it helps.
Take care and regards!