Epstein Barr Virus (EBV) Community
DIagnosed with EBV infection What Next?
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Epstein Barr Virus (EBV), chronic EBV, and infectious mononucleosis (mono).

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

DIagnosed with EBV infection What Next?

Hi there, after several weeks of what people would call dizziness and other neurological symptoms like leg weakness and random tingling sensation and lots of spatial disfunction I was tested for EBV by my do and sure enough my viral load was really high. But now I guess I'm just not sure what it means to have EBV as a diagnosis. If almost everyone has this thing why is wiping me out? And why are everyone's symptoms so all over the place? It seems like EBV viral load is high whenever the doctors don't really know what's happening. I don't have any fever, swelling, inflammation or anything akin to mono. I am getting fatigued pretty easily, but couldn't that be because I'm fighting with the virus? I guess I'm just not sure why I'm having all these seemingly neurological symptoms when EVERYBODY HAS THIS AND THEY'RE FINE?! I can't seem to get a handle on what EBV does to the body. . . Just feeling like the diagnosis isn't that helpful if there's nothing I can do but take supplements. Also should I try and exercise? I'm an athlete that's used to working out 5+ times a week. But I seem to be getting tired so easily. Should I try and push it? IS that good for the immune system?
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Epstein Barr Virus (EBV) Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
How to Silence Your Inner Critic an...
9 hrs ago by Roger Gould, M.D.Blank