Epstein Barr Virus (EBV) Community
PLEASE HELP!!??

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Epstein Barr Virus (EBV), chronic EBV, and infectious mononucleosis (mono).

PLEASE HELP!!??

Hello my name is Travis. I am 21 years old and have been experiencing very scary symptoms for the past couple years now. Every time i hit a strong bump in the road or do anything that send a vibration through my body up to my head i feel a sharp  pain on the sides of the back of my head. Anything from making a tackle in football or punching a heavy bag or even biting down on a hard piece of candy will trigger the pain that im feeling. I have noticed that if i hit my jaw not even hard even if i merely tap it i feel the pain or if i hit the back sides of my head with my hands i also feel the pain. Its not like im sitting there pounding myself in the jaw and head i don't use a lot of force and it still triggers the pain so i def know its not normal. I can literally just tap the back sides of my head with my palms and i feel the pain. If i had to pick a spot were im feeling the pain it would be in the back sides of my head. It almost feels like my brain is bruised in that area? But idk if thats possible or if it is why it wouldn't show up on the mri of my brain.  Ive been to a neurologist and had an mri of my spine and head done and both came back normal. The only thing that came back alarming was that i have fibromyalgia. Because this came back in my blood work the neurologist diagnosed me with chronic fatigue syndrome and said that's the problem. I don't know were else to turn and it amazes me that even biting down on hard candy can aggravate whatever it is that is bothering me. I must add that i sometimes get a burning and pinds and needles sensation on my arms and shoulders witch is very irritating to me. I dont know if thats because of the fibromyalgia or if its a nerve problem wich may be the cause of the head pain. A response will be GREATLY appreciated Thank you