Epstein Barr Virus (EBV) Community
mono 3 times
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Epstein Barr Virus (EBV), chronic EBV, and infectious mononucleosis (mono).

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

mono 3 times

I was diagnosed with mono when I was in 3rd grade. I was sick for about 3 months, and the dr. told me "on the bright side you wont have it in college". Three years later (6th grade) I became extremly ill with chronice head aches and after being sick for 3 weeks and anti biotics not working they did a blood panel that showed as that my mono had "reoccured" I had no normal mono symptoms other than fatigue. After 3 months I began to get back to normal. I have always been a person who needs ten hours of sleep but very active with swimming, school, work etc. Now at 21 I was just diagnose with mono (by spot test) once again, Over 8 years later? The dr. seemed a bit concerned that I had it again long after the first time I had it to begin with. I have no disease(std's etc), and no other illnesses that I know of!?! does anyone have any suggestions of whats wrong or why this could happen? He sent out some blood work to confirm the mono, but I want to be ready with what to expect and what to ask the dr when I go and get my results.
Tags: mono, fatigue, symptom, 3