Foot Care (Podiatry) Expert Forum
4 yr old left foot turned in

Questions in the Foot Care (Podiatry) forum are answered by medical professionals and experts. Topics include: Athlete's feet, Bunions, Flat feet, Foreign body, Fractures/foot pain,Fungal infections, Hammertoes, Instability, Morton's Neuroma, Nail fungus, Pediatric curly toes, Pediatric in-toe gait (pigeon toe), Plantar fasciitis/heel pain, Sesamoiditis, Shin splints, Warts.

4 yr old left foot turned in
Hello I have a four yr old daughter and she has her left foot slightly turned in. it was not like this at birth when she used to crawl she sat up on her left foot she favored it. I tried to stop her from doing that. but now she's very clumsy and it's slightly turned in. I was going to take her to a doctor but people are telling me to wait. how old does she need to be to go get it looked at and correct the problem?

I hope this is the right forum thanks!
she is a perfect age for gait plate orthotics. they are placed in her shoes and will train the feet to turn outward.