Arthritis in the big toes
I was diagnosed w/arthritis in both joints of my big toes. I'm always in pain even when I sleep they throb and ache. I was given orthodics to wear, but they don't help...should I get a second opinion or is there something else I can do to ease the pain? I'm only 46 and don't want to be couch potato!
You should obtain an X-ray to determine the extent of the arthritis.  I would suggest a second opinion.  Cortisone injections can help alleviate pain.  Anti-inflammatory medication also can be beneficial.  Wearing supportive shoes with a stiff sole would be beneficial.
Lastly, surgery may help.  Similar to an arthritic knee, the big toe joint can also undergo surgical correction: cleaning up the joint, joint replacement, etc.
Doctor Ratings & Reviews
Comprehensive info on 720K doctors.
Complete reviews, ratings & more.