Foot Care (Podiatry) Expert Forum
Hairline Fracture on foot?

Questions in the Foot Care (Podiatry) forum are answered by medical professionals and experts. Topics include: Athlete's feet, Bunions, Flat feet, Foreign body, Fractures/foot pain,Fungal infections, Hammertoes, Instability, Morton's Neuroma, Nail fungus, Pediatric curly toes, Pediatric in-toe gait (pigeon toe), Plantar fasciitis/heel pain, Sesamoiditis, Shin splints, Warts.

Hairline Fracture on foot?

Ok, so I hurt my foot really bad 2 weeks ago and I couldn't even walk on it. I went in to get it x-rayed and they said there wasn't any major breaks but that there could be hairline fracture that doesn't show up for a week. I was able to put some pressure on it like 5 days after the injury happened, but with a major limp. I went in a week later to get another x-ray and there was no major breaks but there looked liked there was something wrong with the bone on the top of the foot and was told to see a orthopediatrician as soon as I can. I can walk on it with a little limp and I can run a little bit but can feel the pain. I was wondering if I could have a hairline fracture if I can still walk and run a little bit?
sounds like a hairline fx.  you should be wearing a stiff sole shoe to help the fracture heal.  don't run on it until it heels.  it can take 2-6 weeks to heel a hairline fx.  if your job requires lots of standing /walking, ask your doc to give you a walking cast.  this will allow you to put more weight on the foot and be more active w/o hurting the bone.