Foot Care (Podiatry) Expert Forum
razor cut on heel
About This Forum:

Questions in the Foot Care (Podiatry) forum are answered by medical professionals and experts. Topics include: Athlete's feet, Bunions, Flat feet, Foreign body, Fractures/foot pain,Fungal infections, Hammertoes, Instability, Morton's Neuroma, Nail fungus, Pediatric curly toes, Pediatric in-toe gait (pigeon toe), Plantar fasciitis/heel pain, Sesamoiditis, Shin splints, Warts.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

razor cut on heel

Hi, I am 38 years old and I cut the back of my heel using a small hand held pedicure tool that removes thick or dead skin from your foot. I scraped the tool a little too hard and as it removed the skin it began to bleed and it is now sore. I washed the area, applied pressure to stop the bleeding. Then I poured some peroxide over the wound, applied some herbal triple antibiotic ointment I have called "Mebo". I covered it with a couple of large band-aids. I changed the wound again doing the same treatment before going to bed. I do not want this to become infected and cause any further problems, yet I do not feel it is serious enough of a cut to go to the hospital. What do you advise i do as a home treatment to heal? I hope to receive an answer soon. Thanks in advance.