Can gallstones cause pancreas pain?
I'm pretty sure I had a gallbladder attack on Saturday afternoon, 4/14, after eating french fries and drinking some soda. I haven't been diagnosed, but I'm certain that's what it is.

Prior to this, I've been feeling nauseous for about a month, on and off. No vomiting, just nauseated. Then the attack came. I still feel really sick. It feels like I've swallowed a ballon, I'm having band-like pain around my rib cage, but the most pain is on the right.

Last night I ate a piece of chicken and some rice and I became so sick. I was vomiting, and had diarrhea. Upon waking, I had a horrible headache, my eyes are puffy and swollen and I still have the band pain and feel like I could just close my eyes and go to sleep for three days. I haven't eaten anything because I'm afraid. Whenever I eat I'm in  pain.

I went to the doctor and he told me to go to the ER. I don't think he wanted to be bothered with my complaining. I really don't think he was concerned with my condition because at first, he told me to get an ultrasound. Then, after some complaining, he just told me to go to the ER.

I'm somewhat reluctant to go to the ER because my insurance situation, I have it, but it's horrible. I also don't want disrupt my family if this is something that will resolve on it's own. It's almost been a week.

Has had any experience with this? Should I just go to the ER? I really don't want to...
Hello and hope you are doing well.

Your persisting symptoms of headache, nausea and vomiting could indicate a viral gastroenteritis. The other causes could be jaundice if there is yellowish discoloration of skin, food poisoning if the symptoms occurred shortly after taking food, peptic ulcer disease and sometimes cholecystitis and pancreatitis. Sometimes gallstones passing through the common bile duct provoke inflammation in the pancreas, called gallstone pancreatitis.

Please consult your primary care physician for further evaluation or go to the ER. In the meantime take oral fluids and OTC acetaminophen for the headaches.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.