Gallbladder Community
pancreatic pain vs gallbladder pain

The gallbladder is a pear-shaped organ underneath your liver that stores bile and most often gives you trouble when something, like a gallstone, blocks the flow of this bile. Discuss topics including gallbladder attacks, gallbladder removal, gallstones, and inflammation.

pancreatic pain vs gallbladder pain

I have had acute pancreatis (pancreatitis)  and was put in the hospital on morphine.  The pain felt like someone had beaten me with a tire iron. I couldn't move even a half an inch. It really was exrutiating pain. It finally went away with lingering shoulder pain for about a month. Lately though, if I eat anything really fattening, I begin to hurt again under my right rib and then I notice my whole rib cage hurts just to touch it, and I begin to realize I am short of breath. I usually get nausea and the dry heaves and it lasts about 24 hours and is worse at night. My doctor wants me to get the blood test that tells him which organ is hurting. I would like to know what gallbladder pain feels like compared to pancreatis (pancreatitis) pain and am also scared of getting pancreatic cancer. Any thoughts out there?
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Hello and hope you are doing well.

Pancreatic pain is usually located in the center of the abdomen and radiates to the back. Gall bladder pain is usually in the right upper quadrant and can radiate to the back and sometimes to the right shoulder.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.