General Health Community
Bleeding after Pap smear!
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to general health issues, adolescents, babies, child health, eating disorders, fitness, immunizations and vaccines, infectious diseases, and senior health.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Bleeding after Pap smear!

I had my 1st pap smear test two days ago.  The procedure was a bit painful to me and the very same night I noticed my discharge tinged with strands of blood.  The following day it was spotting and now every time I wipe my vagina with a tissue it is tinged with blood.   I am scared a lot.  It has been this way for two days. I am not due on my periods and I am not pregnant. I am married though. I have also some pain on my left side of abdomen.

What could be the reason?

Is this common?
When will the bleeding stop?
When does it become a serious concern?
Related Discussions
-3 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
very commen
a papsmear is taking a sample from the cervix, so for someone who has not had this done before if probably irritated it a little bit, like a cut, it will dry up.
It happens to a lot of women, during and after a papsmear
Blank
Hi,
Thank you for your reply CRIO.

It has been 5 days now...and I continuing to spot. I am concerned. No pad wetting kind. But heavy spotting, bright red blood. Hopefully it stops.
Blank
Its been 6 days, I am continuing to spot. Again, no pad wetting. I am not due on periods as well. Bright red blood. and mild pain in pelvic area. I had pap smear and pelvic exam a week ago. It was my first. I am not pregnant but I used to sexually active. Is this okay?

When will this thing stop????
Blank

Hi,can you please call or go and see your PCP. I don't think the spoting can be this long. When I had my first PAP I did not get any bleeding. Ofcourse each one are different. So, just give a call to your PCP and discuss about your condition.
Blank
hello
i had my periods normally.but since last 2 month it is coming after 45 days
but since 3 days i m having spotting which is very mild.what could be the reason.
Blank
I once had a papsmear that hurt worse than any other that I had before (I've been getting them yearly for 4 yrs) and that night i also bled.  Mine stopped after that night though.  Maybe you should see a doctor.  Hope everything works out for you :)
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
General Health Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank
Oct 04 by Lee Kirksey, MDBlank