Chronic Pelvic pain
FKE
For the last 2 months I have had moderate to severe pelvic pain.  I finally found a GYN who gave me insight of the cause...she suspects adhesions from my 3 abdominal surgeries (2 C-sections, hysterec.).  I have never felt so much pain in my life until now since the pain is 24/7.  Prior to finding this GYN, I have had blood work, ultrasounds, and a
colonoscopy.  All of which came back negative and was told everything is fine...BUT I'm still in pain on a scale of 1 to 10 I'm suffering from a constant 7 or above!   My GYN says she may have to go back into surgery to identify the true cause...confirm her suspicions.  In the mean time, I continue to suffer!  She said adhesions can not only fuse around organs and other tissues but also to nerves as well.  Can adhesions cause so much pain????

This discussion is related to Scar Tissue � Adhesions.
I am wondering if any one who is experiencing or has experienced chronic pain after abdominal surgery has checked out myofascial therapy to treat scar tissue and the fascial strain patterns created by the surgeries.  

If you cut a hole in a table cloth and then sewed it back up, what happens when you attempt to flatten it out?  It doesn't flatten out and it creates a strain pattern that runs to the edge of the cloth.  This is the same thing with scar tissue in the body.  While the scars and the adhesions occur at the sight of the surgery, the strain patterns can cause problems all over the body as well as in the local region.  The scar tissue and the fascial restrictions impact the mobility and motility of the abdominal organs and can also cause pain.