Raw Mouth
For several months the inside of my mouth has been  very raw.  It seems to cycle.  The rawness will peek and the tongue will be very red around the edges and will have a couple of those painful sores.  Then I will wake up one morning and it"s well.  Two days later it starts up again.  It takes a few days to peak and the it gets well.  I"m watching my diet as in dairy, tomato base foods, chocolate, acidic juices, etc.  I've wondered about vitamin or mineral difficiency.  But, I take many good vitamins and other supplements.  When it started I was anemic but had 2 iron infusions..  My B12 tested normal.  Would Iodine difficiency cause this.  And what kind of a specialist do I see to help me figure this out?  I'm very miserable.
i would see if you could get a referral to a hematologist. They are specialists in blood and will probably be able to give you more insight as to what is going on. Good luck and hope you feel better.