General Health Community
Vaccination in refrigirator

Join discussions relating to general health issues, adolescents, babies, child health, eating disorders, fitness, immunizations/vaccines, infectious diseases, and senior health.

Vaccination in refrigirator

I am 24 yr old. I did not get Hep. vaccination before. When asked Doc.. he told me to get vaccine from pharmacy. I bought it even it is costly. But I kept it in my refrigirator as described on the label.

Is it safe to keep in it household refrigirator?? I am feeling uncomfortable about keeping stuff like these at home... I thought I will get vaccinated at hospital..but don't know why doc. told me get from pharmacy.. vaccine is loaded in a syringe as per prescription

Please help..
Hospital vaccinations often come from multiple dose vials, which contain toxic preservative. The degree of toxicity is open to question, but it is an issue with some physicians. Many hospitals do not stock "singledose" vials,which have a shelf life. As to refrigeration, if it is too cold or too warm, the effectiveness of the vaccine could be compromised. Contact the manufacturer of the vaccine as labled on the vial.