General Health Community
pain in hand

Join discussions relating to general health issues, adolescents, babies, child health, eating disorders, fitness, immunizations/vaccines, infectious diseases, and senior health.

pain in hand

About 7 months ago I started having pain in my hand, below my index finger. I wemt to an orthopedic surgeon who sasid it was probably a ganglion cyst because it caused so much pain in my index finger she said I should have it removed. I went to the hospital, had surgery, but when I awoke she said she found nothing, sadly it still hurt so she sent me to physical therapy. I tried everything they suggested, heating, colloing, ultrsounding the area, shocking the area, etc. etc. when nothing worked theys ent me to another Dr. That Dr. got an mri which showed a mass at the base of my index finger in my palm. It is only about 1.5 cm in diameter, but it hurts when anything bumps it or I have to use my finger. Also I have been loosing a little weight maybe just from stress. The new Dr. said it looks like it could be a ganglion cyst, synovitis, but he wants it removed and biopsied. Is it really that hard to tell it is a ganglion cyst for sure? Should it hurt this much?