Hearing Loss Expert Forum
hearing loss and tinitus due to slip and fall

Questions in the Hearing Loss expert forum are answered by medical professionals and experts.

recently I was a victumof a slip and fall situation. the mri shows cervical spine c5/6/7 degenerative with disk bulge, c6/7left sided hnp with foramina narrowing and l4/5 disk bulge. also 52% hearing loss to left ear and tinnitus in same ear. the question regarding the hearing loss and tinnitus has been challenged. and stated not to be casually related to my slip and fall because I did not hit my head. I did not have hearing loss or tinnitus prior to the accident. my attorney says an ent will not provide support for this claim. can send one help me fight my claim. I continue to have headaches loss of memory vertigo and many other systems after my fall. I have had epidural shot to my neck and lower back and presently I am on Lexapro for my nerves and sleepless nights. I have been a nyc special patrolman for more than 26 years and an ex Vietnam vet. my email is ***@**** thanks for your support.
Sorry to hear of your accident. I haven't heard of sudden hearing loss caused by fall without head trauma. However, a neuro-otologist may be able to provide diagnosis. Have you visited the VA hospital or clinic? Sudden hearing loss should be treated within the first few days for best results. The longer treatment is postponed, the chances of restored hearing diminish. Best of luck and please share your outcome when resolved.