Hernia Community
Could it be hernia?

Hernia occurs when part of an internal organ pushes through an opening in the organ’s wall. There are many types of hernias such as Inguinal Hernia (in the groin), Umbilical Hernia (around the belly button), and Incisional Hernia (through a scar). Discuss topics including prevention, symptoms, causes and surgical treatments for hernias.

Could it be hernia?

Please am 21 years old. Yesterday, I felt some pains at the left part of my lower abdomin (abdomen), just beside the hip bone. I can't even bend or do anything. The lasted for the rest of the day.
please could this be hernia or what?
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Hello and hope you are doing well.

With hernia usually you can see a bulge. The bulge generally increases on coughing and decreases on lying down. This normally causes dragging pain. Severe pain can occur in an hernia, if it complicated, like if there is obstruction or strangulation. The pain could also be due to other causes like unaccustomed exercise. But when in doubt best to have it checked. So, consult your doctor for an evaluation. In the meantime, you can use OTC Acetaminophen for relief from pain.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.