Hernia
I am going on 70 and 20 years ago I had a femial hernia, a year later another incisional and two years after that I had another which they also found one in the back that was causing pressure in my right buttocks. I now have severe pain in the middle of my buttock but not in the front..
I have a burning pain from the middle up almost to my waist in the backside.. When I get up in the morning it is not too bad if I don't sleep laying on that side but sitting makes it worse and causes more pain and as the day goes on it becomes worse..
Is it possible to have an incisional hernia in the back and not hurt in the front..??
Hello and hope you are doing well.

Considering the different locations of pain described, the pain could be due to compression of a nerve. The resulting symptoms are often referred as sciatica. This occurs due to spinal disc herniation (slipped disc), spinal stenosis (narrowing of spinal canal) or due to the piriformis syndrome. Please consult your primary care physician for further evaluation. He will do a series of examinations to confirm the cause for the pain. Usually it is treated conservatively (without surgery). If it does not respond he may then ask for a CT or an MRI scan.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.