Herpes Community
Burning itchy penis, Is it herpes???

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding herpes issues such as: Herpes symptoms and treatments, causes, diagnosis, and herpes in men, tests, telling your spouse or partner.

Burning itchy penis, Is it herpes???

Ok, about over a month ago I met this random female, She gave me oral sex.  About 2-3 days later I noticed tingling burning itch on the inside tip of my penis and its very painful.  So I went to the doctor and got tested for clamadia,ghooneara,syphlis,and herpes.  Every thing came back negative except for herpes type 1 came back postive.  That alone got me really worried so I ask the doctor to inspect my penis.  He said everything visually looks fine and he proceeded with the cotton swab test on my penis.  That came out negative for herpes. The doctor said I might have caught herpes type 1 and I didnt know it as a child.  The doctor gave me antiobotics for ghonnera and that didnt work out.  A week went by and still the same burning itching feeling on my penis.  I went to another doctor he inspected my penis and said the same thing its not herpes.  So he treated me with balantis with some antibotices.  A week went  by and still not solving my problem.  Went to anothoer doctor she treated me for yeast infection.  That is not working....  Basically Im tired of all the misdonises Somebody Please Help.  My penis tingles and burns everyday....... I thought the doctors are the experts knowing about these information.  I dont have any sores on my penis.  It just tigles and burns with redness.
If you tested positive via blood test a few days later, it was an existing infection - most likely oral. About 60% of the adult population has oral herpes (HSV1), and many don't even have recognizable symptoms to know it.

Burning/itching can be bacterial, fungal, and even anxiety related. Just burning/tingling alone is not typical of herpes in the absence of lesions.

If you want a doctors advice, you have to pay to post there.