Herpes, healthcare worker to patient.
I recently went to a lab for a blood test, the phlembotomist had what seemed like a herpetic whitlow (on one of her fingers near the cuticle/nail, I forget which, either the index finger or the thumb), along with lesions near the peri-oral area(herpetic ? red blister like 2-5 mm though not clustered, 10 odd lesions/bumps in all on her face.)

She had her gloves on as she was puncturing the vein, however after this she took her gloves off, and there was momentary contact of her thumb and finger tips with my forearm(5 cm away from the region where she drew blood form).

I applied a hand sanitizer(purell) to the location where blood was drawn from a minute after the sample was drawn, discarding the lab given cotton gauze to cover the puncture. (The sample was taken from my upper arm near the elbow)

It is likely that what I saw was something else, however assuming that it was a whitlow, how likely is it that I acquired the virus from her in this process ?

This is the closest image I found to what I saw:
http://www.visualphotos.com/image/1x8803133/herpetic_whitlow

Thank you.
if it was whitlow, she would've had it covered.  

many healthcare workers get severe dermatitis from hand washing/hand sanitizer and glove use.  It's not contagious.  

really, this is nothing to be concerned about.

grace