Herpes Community
Herpes Whitlow

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding herpes issues such as: Herpes symptoms and treatments, causes, diagnosis, and herpes in men, tests, telling your spouse or partner.

Herpes Whitlow

I was diagnosed several years ago with genital HSV2. The other day I went to the dermatologist because of an infection on my outer bottom part of my thumb. The doctor stated it was herpes whitlow & confirmed through tests that it was also HSV2. My concern is related to passing it to my child. How easy is it to pass it from my finger during shedding times when there is no obvious sign go infection? With bathing and just day to day handling of my child I'm very concerned about her contracting the disease.
Hi, whitlow  tends not to appear often and is only contagious with a symptom so just be careful when you have a sore. Its affected the hand ganglia but tends to appear in the same spot.