Herpes Community
Herpes test after a week- IGG .97

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding herpes issues such as: Herpes symptoms and treatments, causes, diagnosis, and herpes in men, tests, telling your spouse or partner.

Herpes test after a week- IGG .97

Hi doctor,

Your service is greatly appreciated. A true blessing. Here's my story. I am a 27 year old man who had unprotected oral sex with a promiscuous women 2 weeks back, nothing vaginal. I have been with my girlfriend for over 3 years, and we have both been loyal, minus my encounter with this woman that lasted about 30 seconds. I got tested 7 days after exposure and my results were an equivocal IGG .97 and my IGM was negative. Doctor told me she thinks im fine, but said if I want I can come back at a later date. I am experience no sores as of yet, and no pain. However, I am urinating quite a bit and the tip of my penis tingles at times. I went to to the urologist for an unrelated matter, and he said I have prostititus.

My questions to you are the following:

-Should I go back and get tested to see if the equivocal remains?
-Since I tested only 7 days after exposure could equivocal eventually turn positive or was the test worthless because it was so early?
-Should I be concerned or just forget about it?
-Whats my true risk here?

Thanks so much.

Do you think that is wise?
the risk of a std from receiving oral sex is overall very low but not zero risk. you can contract hsv1 genitally, syphilis, hpv, chlamydia, ngu and gonorrhea from receiving oral sex.  You've had no symptoms and your  encounter was very brief. really no reason for more testing for anything to be honest.  

grace