Herpes Community
Is it safe to have sex.

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding herpes issues such as: Herpes symptoms and treatments, causes, diagnosis, and herpes in men, tests, telling your spouse or partner.

Is it safe to have sex.

Where to start. So I was diagnosed with genital hsv1 last July. Since my initial outbreak, I have only had one other outbreak that was in another location. AKA my "backside." I could definitely tell it was an outbreak because I usually get the pronounced sores. Anyways it started on the 26th of march and it looks like it has healed in that area of the oubreak. However on the side of the vaginal opening, there seems to be like a dark looking spot when I stretch the skin out, (because I self check to make sure I am ok).
I noticed it a few days ago. It doesn't itch or hurt. I am still having itchiness through out the whole area during the day but that has been going on occasionally since I found out I had HSV1. Anyways, I already informed my boyfriend of my status and Im just wondering if it could be nothing or if I would be putting him at risk with this so called spot. Obviously a condom would be involved I am just terrified of possibly giving him anything. Im not on any anti viral medications. But I do take at least 2000 mg of lysine a day.

Do you think I am ok?
you paid to post in the herpes expert forum. follow up there and get your money's worth.