Herpes Expert Forum
Risk of Hepres - Nude grinding with condom on

Welcome to the Herpes forum. This forum is for questions and support pertaining to herpes simplex virus infections (HSV-1 and 2) and herpes zoster (shingles) and the virus that causes it, varicella zoster virus. Questions about genital herpes are welcome both here and on the STD Forum.

Dear Doctor,

Thanks for reading my post. I had an encounter with a commercial sex worker. I was wearing a condom and she was naked. I noticed she had a large red zit like bump very close to her vagina (shaved) and perhaps another small bump some distance away. I thought it was a razor bump and did not want to ask her to put her underwear on as she might have been offended. She gridded (very light touch) against my condom wearing shaft for a minute or two, then she performed oral sex.

I believe oral sex with condom is risk free for the receiver (unless the giver has herpes on lips) but I am worried that what if the bump was an herpes sore, not zit (it was red)! Can I easily herpes just by grinding a minute or two? I am really freaked out. I came home, showered and washed my private parts with acne soap. Would that remove any risk?

Thanks again,
I think grinding for a few minutes is a very low risk behavior.  It is no zero risk, but pretty low indeed.  The bump near her vagina is worrisome for sure, but without intercourse, less concerning.  

I would carefully observe your genital area for the next couple of weeks.  If any sores show up, have them swab tested right away.  If nothing shows up, you are likely in the clear.  Have you had any herpes testing done in the past?  Do you know your baseline status?

Terri
I had one in the past and it was negative.

So should I be concerned as 2 weeks wait will drive me crazy. Or should I directly call csw and ask her about the bump?
I saw my dermatologist today as I was panicked. He gave me a heavy dose of Valtrex saying that it is a precautionary measure as it is under 36 hours and I should probably luck out.

Now I am noticing severe neck pain (below the head) close to shoulders. Is that a symptom of herpes? I am also very tired but I could not sleep well last night and I can barely eat.

I doubt that calling her would be useful.
If you are going to, at some point, do a herpes test, please don't take any more Valtrex.  It can confuse the testing pictures.  Also, in my opinion, there is absolutely no benefit in taking Valtrex this long after an encounter.  A few hours later, maybe, we have no research, but not 36 hours.  Just my opinion, there is very limited research on this topic, and it involves mice, not people.

Terri
Terri,

The doctor gave me just 2 heavy doses of Valtrex - one within 24 hours and 2nd around 36 hours from the exposure.

But now I am having another issue with burning sensation on the tip of urethra. It looks like a tiny reddish wound (showed it to my wife and she cannot see anything) and it hurts each time urine drips (tiny drops leak after urination) onto it. Is that herpes or some other std or simply urethra trauma? Also, the pain is intermittent and sometimes disappears. No pain during urination but pain during sitting. Again no pain/burning sensation when walking. I tried adding vaseline and it soothes for a short time.

Coming back to herpes, can you please look into my assumptions below and comment if I am correct.

Say, probability the csw has open herpes outbreak is 60% (I still think it was a razor bump, not herpes) and I read that probability of male catching herpes is around 5%. Do you think overall odds that I am ok are close to 97%?

Thanks again,
Definitely!  I agree with your percentages, if not even better.  If your wife can't see it, I suspect it is normal.  Have you considered prostate problems?  It sounds more to me like that than anything else.  Has your health care provider considered that possibility?

Terri
Hi nascar123,

Just wanted to mention that my symptoms -- redness & a burning at the tip of my urethra & intrameatus that is persistent; only bothers me while sitting, not standing/lying down -- has been accompanied by a prostate infection that I have been on antibiotics for, for over 6 weeks now; the symptoms have been apparent for 9 weeks now. The sensation grows more uncomfortable after ejaculation; have you noticed this???

I can't yet be certain about my HSV status, but at the moment it looks like prostatitis. You might want to see about getting an ultrasound or even a test of your seminal fluid.

Good luck!