Herpes Community
Tingling / Mild Itching Sensation

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding herpes issues such as: Herpes symptoms and treatments, causes, diagnosis, and herpes in men, tests, telling your spouse or partner.

Tingling / Mild Itching Sensation

I have a quick question.  I had protected sex 6 months ago but unprotected oral (did not notice any cold sores to my recollection).  I think if I saw them I would run but I also didn't develop any cold sores myself so I slept well knowing the above.

Three months ago I felt a slight itching on the right part of my lower groin.  It went away after a few days (4-5).  I felt a little soreness in the legs by I choked that up to nerves because once I went reading into HSV2 anxiety set in.  (yes, I became very nervous with what the Internet told me).  By the way, no other symptoms were present.  I researched HSV-2 quite extensively and nothing I read matched so I didn't think anything of it.  I went to my doctor and he said "you're fine" and gave me an antibiotic for some reason.  I took it and felt fine.

A month later I felt some mild itching (intermittent, not constant) on the lower right side of my groin and a slight crawling sensation on the bottom part of my testicles (nowhere else). I thought I might have been wrong the first time so I examined myself extensively and found nothing.  I didn't have the other symptoms like rash, sores, blisters, swollen glands, backaches, fever, no urine pain, fatigue...nothing!  I did develop a Hemorrhoid which I don't know if that's related. I went to a new doctor and told him the above and he said the same thing "you're fine" but I also explained that I developed severe anxiety and stress!  He said a blood test is unnecessary as he has seen hundreds of cases and nothing I mention matches HSV2. So I am now taking an anti-depressant per his instructions.  They make me feel weird and I want off of them but that's another issue.

A few weeks later (3-4) I felt just a crawling sensation around my lower testicles.  It lasted a week and went away.  I did notice a small bump that I mistook for a sore I think.  It was on the upper part of my penis near the rim.  It felt like a surface level bump and I freaked and picked and prodded on it. It went away after 3 days.  Probably unrelated but I became nervous. I have no other symptoms other than some mild leg soreness and a massive stress headache in the back of my head due to the anxiety.

Each doctor tells me there is no need for a test and my stress and anxiety is getting the best of me.  My GF I have been with since the encounter above knows I am worried but says she feels fine and would have prolly got it by now from me if I had it and please relax. Easier said than done.

What is your opinion?

Thanks in advance.