Herpes Community
Unprotected sex leading to potential Herpes in married man
About This Community:

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding herpes issues such as: Herpes symptoms and treatments, causes, diagnosis, and herpes in men, tests, telling your spouse or partner.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Unprotected sex leading to potential Herpes in married man

I have been in a monogamous, married relationship for 25 years. However, on November 18, 2010, I had unprotected sex with a very young prostitute (18 y.o.) who promised me that she had no STD's.  Crazy thing to do, I know.
I have been tested for all STD's with all negative results.  However, I have had some burning sensations on both sides of my scrotum for several weeks during the past two months, and have noticed increase sensitivity on my genital skin and pubic hairs.   The burning sensations comes and goes over the course of several days, up to a week, at a time.  I also, have taken two 10-day courses of Valtrax, which was prescribed by my primary doctor at my insistence due to the symptoms I was having.  

Here are my test dates and results for Herpes using HerpeselectType Specific:

1/14/2011 Valtrax course for 10 days - 1000mg twice daily
1/17/2011 (8 weeks, 4 days) - NEGATIVE for I/II < 0.90
1/28/2011 2nd Valtrax course for 10 days - 1000 mg twice daily
2/07/2011 (11 weeks, 4 days) - NEGATIVE for I/II <0.90
3/08/2011 (15 weeks, 5 days) - NEGATIVE for I/II <0.90

Sometime around March 1, 2011, I began to notice a small, single crack in the skin (fissure?) on the right side of the shaft of my penis and it remains in an unchanged state to this very date (April 6) 36 days???  It is not inflamed or bright red or anything but there is increased sensitiviy something like a light rash or sunburn feeling.  I have been using latex condoms with my wife for the past 6-8 weeks due to my fear of giving her Herpes and she knows what happened and has forgiven me.  I have been very guilt-ridden and my doctor thinks I might be having psychosemantic symptoms, but the feelings are real and the small fissure can be seen although it is hard to see at times.  

My questions are these:  1/ DO I HAVE HERPES IN YOUR OPINION?  2/ COULD THE VALTREX HAVE ALTERED THE TEST RESULTS TO GIVE A FALSE NEGATIVE? 3/ COULD THE SKIN FISSURE THAT I HAVE THAT HASN'T HEALED FOR THIS LONG BE FROM HERPES OR COULD A REACTION TO THE CONDOMS (I have never used them in my life until this incident). 4/  SHOULD I BE RETESTED AGAIN BECAUSE MY WINDOW FOR SERCONVERSION IS NOT LONG ENOUGH OR ALTERED BY THE VALTRAX DRUG?

-- A very concerned, freaking-out, married man