Herpes Community
culture test false positive?
About This Community:

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding herpes issues such as: Herpes symptoms and treatments, causes, diagnosis, and herpes in men, tests, telling your spouse or partner.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

culture test false positive?

About 2 weeks about I started to notice some issues with my vagina. I had 2 vertical sores on the lips of my vagina and I had some discharge as well. They were tender to the touch and they burned if urine touched them but that's all. I had no bumps, nothing itched. I started to have some swelling too. I went to the doctor and she said it didn't look like herpes at all but she did a culture test anyway. She also diagnosed me with bacteria vaginitis and gave me antibiotics and as soon as I took them the next day the swelling was gone and after a few days my sores were going away. Still, I've never had any bumps or itching. A few days after my visit to the doctor my culture test came back positive for genital hsv2. But I don't feel like I had any symptoms for hsv2, and I have been sexually active in a while. What are the odds of this culture test being a false positive?
Unfortunately, cultures are extremely reliable and the chance of this being a false positive is highly unlikely. If your symptoms haven't been bad then that's a pretty good indication that future symptoms won't be too harsh either.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Herpes Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
Control Emotional Eating with this ...