Herpes Expert Forum
herpes

Welcome to the Herpes forum. This forum is for questions and support pertaining to herpes simplex virus infections (HSV-1 and 2) and herpes zoster (shingles) and the virus that causes it, varicella zoster virus. Questions about genital herpes are welcome both here and on the STD Forum.

herpes

Recently ive developed a very irritated red rash on the base of my penis.  For the most part it is concentrated in one area, but there are small red dots that are painful spread around the base and two or three singular red painful dots on the shaft. This morning one small red dot showed up on the tip of my penis and that is not painful.  The irritation started 4 days ago after an abundance of sexual activity between us in a short two day span.  Ive had unprotected sex before in past relationships but this is the first time anything like this has ever happened.  My girflriend is not experiencing any issues.  
It is very important that you go and get this rash checked out ASAP  It could be many things, including herpes, but also including a fungal (yeast) infection.  It is important that you go right in as the longer you wait, the less likely you are to get an accurate diagnosis.  County health departments and Planned Parenthood are places where you can likely be seen quickly.  Or if you have a regular provider that you can get into quickly, that would of course be OK.

Terri