Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) Community
Doctors not telling me what's up
About This Community:

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) issues such as: Aggravating Factors, Alternative Therapies, Anxiety, Constipation, Depression, Diagnosis, Diarrhea, Drugs, Hormonal Changes, Living With - Managing IBS, Medications – Drugs, Nutrition, Pain, Prevention, Research, Stress, Support Groups, Symptoms, Treatment

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Doctors not telling me what's up

Last march I was diagnosed with Stomach ulcers, caused by heliobacter pylori through the blood test.  Right away I was started on perv PAC. I felt better after going on vacation to the beach. About a week and a half later I started having pains again. I was doing a lot of abdominal work during this time and the dr said that my excercises were to blame. They she started me on four different meds: it was like bismuth and some antibacterial meds. I was on that for two weeks or three and I still wasn't getting better. Finally we got in touch with a pediatric Gastro dr (I'm 17, I was 16 then). They decided to an ultrasound an also colonoscopy and endoscopy. I never really knew the results of the tests. My parents just told me I was fine. I was then started on amitriptyline for my stomach meds. I took those until December of 13 and slowly weened myself off. My stomach still is hurting al the time so I take bentyl whn it does. About 4 weeks ago I had another ultrasound an they said my 'holes" we healing. What is going on?! Why won't they tell me anything!?!?!?!? And they also said they were going to start me on seratonin releaser.. They thought forever that it was stress and ibs.. That's why it's catolauged under ibs.
Tags: help, ulcers?, secrets, ultrasound, IBS
Hi, you will have to discuss with your doctor what the tests results were. In the meantime to reduce acid levels try good life style measures. Take frequent small meals. Avoid spicy and oily food. Eat dinner about two hours before sleeping. Elevate the head end of the bed. Keep a food diary and note down what aggravates your symptoms and avoid them. Ensure to maintain optimum weight by regular exercise. Avoid NSAID's, quit smoking, eliminate alcohol, avoid caffeinated beverages and reduce stress levels. OTC antacids can further aid in reducing acid levels. These measures need to be practiced long term for results. Regards.

Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
New Cannabis Article from NORTH Mag...