Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) Community
IBS symptoms?

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) issues such as: Aggravating Factors, Alternative Therapies, Anxiety, Constipation, Depression, Diagnosis, Diarrhea, Drugs, Hormonal Changes, Living With - Managing IBS, Medications – Drugs, Nutrition, Pain, Prevention, Research, Stress, Support Groups, Symptoms, Treatment

IBS symptoms?

It is more than 3 months that I have pain in my right quadrant below rib . I went to a specialist and  after ultrasound+blood test I was told to have fatty liver, My ast and alt enzyme levels were 5 times higher than the normal range. I followed a strict diet+sport during 3 months and  did 3 blood tests during 3 months. The enzyme levels decreased and and in the last test they were in the normal range and doctor told me they are perfect. However, the pain in my right quadrant continues.
I have a lot of gas in my stomach, sometimes  I hear bowel movements and voice, I have diarrhea and stool slimming. The pain in right quadrant is irregular. After 2-3 hours of wake up, It starts and sometimes but rarely in radiates around right hand quadrant. It is irregular during the day. Are these symptoms IBS symptoms?
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Hello and sorry for the late reply.

With regard to your queries I’ll mention a few facts about IBS.Your bowel is a muscular tube, which stores and digests food. Irritable bowel is a disorder that affects the nerves and muscles of the bowel. This causes abdominal pain and irregular bowel movements. IBS is a diagnosis of exclusion, i.e. once all other diseases of the colon like colitis, infections, tumors etc. have been ruled out, then the diagnosis of IBS is made. Hence, all the investigations have been done and if they are normal, then your symptoms could be due to IBS.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.