Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) Community
Sharp stools! plz help!!!!
About This Community:

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) issues such as: Aggravating Factors, Alternative Therapies, Anxiety, Constipation, Depression, Diagnosis, Diarrhea, Drugs, Hormonal Changes, Living With - Managing IBS, Medications – Drugs, Nutrition, Pain, Prevention, Research, Stress, Support Groups, Symptoms, Treatment

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Sharp stools! plz help!!!!

Hello, sorry for being gross but for the past couple of weeks ive noticed a strange change in my stools. They are very mushy and sticky  but feel incredibly sharp as they pass. It feels like they have shreds of glass in them. Upon inspection i found that they contain undigested food particles that are have sharp edges like seeds/grains. but ive had the same diet all my life so im not sure whats causing this sudden change. Ive had no blood in my stools, but now im afraid due to the sharpness i might get injured.

Im 21 years of age, dont take any medication (other than vitamin supplements), and have been under alot of stress lately.
Please reply if you have an idea of what might be going on.....