Why am I constipated when I poo daily?
Hello. I'm 28 yrs of age and female. I have a problem with constipation. I can poo everyday, but my poo is hard to pass that it causes bleeding. I take metamucil 2x a day and I'm also an active person. I work out every other day. I don't know what is causing my hard poop when I go everyday? Recently I took senokot to make my poo soft and it did, but once I stopped taking the medicine my constipation is back again even though I'm still taking the metamucil fiber. I need help. What is going on with me?
I think you are just dehydrated. I've experienced just about every different sign of constipation and I was shocked at how much more water I needed, especially when you consume fibre. Metamucil and fibre supplements are great-- but only if you continuously drink water for the rest of the day. Slow or hard-to-pass stools are a sure sign that they are taking longer to move through your intestine. You need more water to help them pass through. Senokot and other stool softeners draw water from the body into the bowels to help them move along.
I would cut back on the Metamucil for a couple days, and up your intake of water until you've released the fibre build-up in your intestines. Warm/hot water relaxes your bowels and can help move things along faster. When you feel better, go easy on the Metamucil and always be sure to drink enough with fibrous meals.
All the best. :-)