Why is my stomach cramping and my poo skinny?
I am so frustrated today. I have had IBS for years and I basically control it however I can by taking imodium every day and watching my diet. Sometimes I have extra bad days and have to take more imodium and then I get constipated for awhile. Usually after one of those bouts I end up with really bad stomach cramps one day while it all cleans out. recently  I didn't even realize it but I hadn't gone for 2 weeks! Then when I started my perioid I got the WORST cramps I've ever had and eventually went to the bathroom a lot until it finally turned into diarrhea. I figured that was from all of the cramping. That was on Saturday morning. Now it is Wednesday morning and my stomach is hurting and cramping but when I go to the bathroom its really long and skinny. There  was also a lot of mucus in it at first. I am missing work right now because I keep having to go to the bathroom but not much is coming out! I'm frustrated and a little scared. I also have a peptic ulcer and I have been aggravating it lately by taking  a ton of advil - the advil always causes me terrible stomach aches but I have had no choice because I'm having some sort of allergy issue or something with my tongue and throat swelling up. I have an appointment in the morning with an allergy doctor to find out what is making me react, but in the mean time I'm very frustrated with my stomach. Can a food allergy be doing this to my stomach? Or the ulcer? Or is it something else?
sometimes allergies to foods that have high histamine contents (red wine, red meat, foods as they age have increasing histaimine contents) can cause symptoms like yours, as well as food with high percentages of insoluable fiber. I recommend peppermint, chamomile, and fennel tea.