stomach problems for five years
For roughly three years, I have had stomach problems. It started the first day of school in 7th grade. I felt horrible lower abdominal pain and had to use the bathroom all day. After this continuing on for many days, I had figured out a correlation between the amount of sleep I had got the previous night and the severity of the pain. If I got a normal amount of sleep or didn't drastically change my sleeping patterns, the pain would not occur. For years after I had kept a constant sleeping pattern which got rid of the problem. In the past year, the problem came back and a good night sleep didn't fix it. I went to the doctors and was screened for absolutely everything because of the severity of the pain in my lower abdomen, diarrhea, pain in my stomach and slightly under my chest to the left. They found a small hiatal hernia and slight inflammation. My doctor is one of the best and diagnosed me with IBS. He recommended two prilosec a day because of the slight relief i get from it. He also is prescribing antispasmodics which appear to be the end of the line for treatment other than changing my diet(which does absolutely nothing). The pain is still there and virtually never goes away. If i wake up thirsty at night and have a sip of water, I will not be able to go back to sleep because the pain drastically increases. My appetite is horrible and i can go a day with out eating without being the least bit hungry. Does anyone have any insight as to why this could of happened or other treatments for the pain. I feel like IBS is just a bs term to diagnose something that cant be found.
And i forgot to mention eating in the morning makes the symptoms much worse